Thursday, April 20, 2023

The Teacher's Desk: S1: Pilot


 Welcome to The Teacher's Desk where we talk about the good, the bad, and the ugly. Perspectives will be shared, laughs will be had, experiences will be spoken of, but most importantly, a new understanding and appreciation will be discovered for all educators and parents alike. Before we get into the most trending student vs. substitute issue, let me tell you a little bit about myself. 

I am Alexia Massengale, a two-time graduate of THEE Fayetteville State University #ProudtoBE. Both of my degrees are in Business Administration focusing on Marketing. So, how did I become a teacher?? We'll get to that...I graduated HS in 2016 from Westover High School #Wolverines. Both of my parents served in the military and I am the youngest of all of my siblings. Lastly, I am a first-year Career & Technical Education (CTE) teacher. I teach Computer skills for my 6th & 7th grade students and I teach Business & Entrepreneurship for my 8th grade students. With my educational background considered, that is how I became a teacher and also, I just needed the money lol. Enough about me, let's talk about why this student & sub fought ya'll.  

Back in my day, I would have never even thought to raise my hand at an adult. My momma's name is Hope and she would've knocked any hope that I had of LIVING out of me once she found out I hit a teacher. I wish I could see both sides of this but I really can't. Students know they cannot have cell phones in class. Most likely, if a teacher takes the cell phone it is only until the end of class. She could have waited. End. Of. Story. What do ya'll think about this situation? How do you think it should have been handled? 

Visit The Teacher's Desk next week for some real teacher tea!

                                                                                                                     Signed,

                                                                                                                                a First-Year Teacher

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Teacher's Desk: S1: Why do they want to grow up so fast?

 Hey hey! What's up everybody? I know it's been a while but these teenagers been teenagering!! Work has been so hectic ya'll. Ge...